(...ACTUALLY JOHN, BUT NOBODY CALLS ME THAT)
I’m a designer born and raised in the Bay Area, California with over five years experience in physical design, digital design, and service design. I have the design experience necessary to understand the importance of a holistic approach to problem solving, coupled with a technological background to quickly test my ideas and understand the costs of any potential solutions.
Let’s build something!
Explore any of the projects below to understand a little bit more about my design process and how I tend to approach and work through problems.
IN-DEPTH PROCESS SUMMARIES
SUMMER 2017 - PRESENT
UX DESIGN INTERN - ATLANTA, GA
• Worked closely with 2 other UX designers and with the Marketing and Engineering teams to design and coordinate new features and bug fixes for a variety of user types.
• Led the creation of Roadie’s first driver feedback loop, coordinating and leading discussions and interviews with Roadie drivers.
• Conducted contextual inquiry sessions with employees of an enterprise customer to understand how we could better serve their needs, compiled those notes through affinity mapping, then presented those findings to the company.
• Worked closely with the Support and Engineering teams to create a new delivery state in the app to solve a problem that surfaced from user interviews.
• Conducted a qualitative analysis of thousands of text entries using Python scripts to replace free-text fields in the app, eliminating a common pain point for users in the app flow.
• Aided the Marketing team to edit and create automated emails using MailChimp's Mandrill platform.
• Summer internship extended throughout the school year to continue working on ongoing projects.
YAHOO MAIL (iOS)
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT INTERN - SUNNYVALE, CA
• Extensively researched new capabilities available to developers in iOS 10.
• Designed and tested prototypes that would take advantage of those new features for the upcoming release of Yahoo Mail for iOS 10.
• After receiving feedback from usability tests, further refined prototypes and created specification documents for these new app features.
• Part of a team that won a company-wide Hackday challenge for the Mail category.
MAKER IN RESIDENCE INTERN - SANTA CLARA, CA
• Using Kinoma's prototyping tool called the Kinoma Create, worked on a number of both group and individual projects to show off the capabilities of the tool.
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
MS - HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION '18
BS PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEERING '16
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
MS HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION - ATLANTA, GA
• Pursuing a Masters in Human-Computer Interaction with the goal of gaining more experience in the future of computer interfaces and exploring ideal relationships between hardware and software
• Taking additional classes about management of tech firms, service design, healthcare design, and full-stack application design
• As part of the IoT group at Georgia Tech’s Research Network Operations Center (RNOC) in Spring 2017, designed the UX/UI of an iOS grill application that reports data from WiFi connected thermometers
BS PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEERING - PALO ALTO, CA
• Earned a degree in Engineering (focus in Product Design) with a GPA of 3.5
• Took classes in electronics, java/C++/C, mechanical systems, statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, design (human-centered design, form building, business design), manufacturing, and smart products
Feel free to reach out! Let's get in touch.